Thursday, July 9, 2009

Creative Internet Marketing for a dessert co.

I received this email recently,

"Good Morning Daniel,

I think I must be doing something wrong. Can you take a look at my website and give me an honest evaluation. I've been getting hits, but no, absolutely no inquiries. I would appreciate your help. LH"


My reply was:

"Good Morning and thanks for contacting ME. I want to see your business SUCCEED!

A couple of things, for now:.

1st Your (or any) website is not the end all be all. That is, you must market your website.

Currently, you have a postcard website; meaning it looks nice but doesn't sell. People look and say "OOOH, I'd like to go there sometime." Make the pictures real, large and in charge. [her pix were thumbnails and some unrelated to the product.] Your website has OLD English lettering, which nobody but dead churches still use, (I'm a Pastor-at-large, so I can say this.) and NOBODY reads OE today. Second, I can't figure out what this Heart thing is all about. And I know your name. Your story is "As a heart patient . . ." NO, your target market want to know your whole story and why you designed these deserts. Next you must market them contact local TV and radio stations and get on them. Confuse the client and they won't buy. But the site is a nice postcard.

2nd you must find out who your Target Market (TM) is and market to them.

There doesn't appear to be a connection to your TM. Why would I buy this product?

Telling your story will help your TM make the connection to why you made these products.

Telling your TM about your products' benefits for them will also help them connect.

3rd, you must make it extremely easy for people to find your website, where THEY are looking.

This involves buying keywords and phrases that your TM is searching for, NOT what You think they are searching for.

Also, marketing directly to your TM, thru regular media, connections to the local and regional cardiac recovery, diabetes and weight-loss communities, would expand your reach.

4th, you must make it EXTREMELY easy for them to understand AND to buy from your site.

a) Make those pictures LAARGER, let them take up a full page for each product, let them sparkle.

[which reminds me don't list your products w/o a pix or the correct pix; would you buy something sight unseen?

Neither will they.]

b) Offer GREAT offers on buying your products; coupons for $$ off their next order (expires end of month; be flexible)

c) Gives pricing on multiple product sales [see Amazon for this]. "People who bought this, also bought . . ."

d) Free shipping on orders over $$$? [again Amazon]

5th, do everything you can to get and keep your customers, thru great customer service; quick delivery or quality products, added surprise freebies, coupons; adjust your price to have good GPM and NPM [profits]

Thank you for your patience today. We want to see your business SUCCEED! Dan"

Here reply: "THANK YOU!!!"

Call me, Dan, if i can help you at 502-554-2397 or dan@dancassin.com

No comments: